What you will be a part of
Support and Services, a business area of Saab, supplies a wide range of services and integrated support solutions to customers in defence and on commercial markets for cost-efficient support of systems and platforms throughout their life cycle.
Saab Australia’s security management system offers integration of a wide range of third party and customer preferred subsystems including CCTV access control, intercoms, perimeter detection, duress and intruder detection. Each solution is tailored to meet specific customer needs and provides effective insurance against evolving requirements and future technology changes.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with up to six weeks’ annual leave, flexible working hours, salary sacrifice, income protection insurance and an active Social Club.
As the Technical Sales Support, you will be required to contribute to the production and execution of Civil Solutions tenders and projects.
Your primary responsibility will be as follows:
- Work with the engineering team to develop technical solutions to meet the customer’s needs. Feed the customer’s requirements back into the engineering group for consideration for product development.
- Prepare material for business case approvals for opportunities (Win Business 2 (Decision to tender) and Win Business 3 (Decision to submit tender response)).
- For smaller tenders prepare and submit the responses, including pricing in accordance with the approach agreed at WB2.
- For larger tenders establish tender plans to prepare and submit tenders, in accordance with the approach agreed at WB2, including identification of additional resource requirements. Manage the tenders to achieve agreed outcomes for submission to the customer.
- Engage with suppliers and subcontractors (and other relevant stakeholders) to obtain best solution and pricing for bids
Please contact Daniella Stojanovski (email@example.com) for a copy of the full position description.
Your skills and experience
To be considered for this role, you will have proven ability to write technical and commercial documents and proposals and poses good presentations skills. You will have demonstrated ability to effectively interact with business development, engineering design teams and customers
Qualifications and experience include:
- Sales and tendering experience
- Experience in working with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Extensive experience in the security industry with IP based systems or similar system integration projects
- Experience with the design, development, integration, commissioning and management of security/surveillance systems and/or Computer Aided Despatch systems or similar system integration projects.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.