What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
Saab ATM seeks a dynamic, results-oriented individual to fill the role of a junior level Technical Support Engineer.
The Technical Support Engineer provides outstanding service to all Saab ATM customers. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and committed to solving customer problems. A positive outlook, desire to help others, and the ability to listen and work collaboratively are crucial to success in this position.
Responsibilities of the Technical Support Engineer include:
- Applying company policies and procedures to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve a variety of complex customer hardware and software issues independently or in collaboration with others.
- Performing data analysis to identify the root cause of surveillance system issues and develop solutions to these issues.
- Providing both remote and on-site technical support to customers on multiple complex systems.
- Understanding analog, digital, RF, wired and wireless communications systems and networks.
- Using common diagnostic test equipment and software tools to investigate issues.
- Identifying tasks independently.
- Responding to situations where first-line technicians have failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Having moderate contact with customers.
- Domestic and international travel opportunities.
- Occasionally, supporting other company functional areas such as installation and training.
- Occasionally, delivering training to customers.
Your experiences and skills
- Professional with demonstrated ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Effectively uses problem solving skills and analytical thinking.
- Proven experience working with surveillance systems (Radar, MLAT, A-SMGCS, ADS-B).
- Unix, Linux and MATLAB experience desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a problem solver who is poised, mature and fully capable of professional communication with customers and Saab ATM personnel.
- Proven experience in building positive customer relationships through continued, long-term customer interaction.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in an engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience
- 8+ years of military or aerospace experience
Saab ATM provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.