What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
The Technical Writer will sit within Saab’s Combat System Engineering group and will be responsible for developing a range of technical documentation (print and online).
Key duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Developing product Operation and Maintenance Manuals as required
- Reviewing and editing documents from technical writer peers and other team members
- Working closely with Software and/or Hardware Engineers and Software Developers to develop new and existing documentation
- Validating documentation against the product
- Following the relevant company/project review and approval processes
Please be advised that this opportunity is for a 6 month fixed term contract.
Your skills and experience
- Familiarity with best practice and trends in Technical Writing and in particular as implemented in the defence industry
- Proven writing skills with the ability to write in plain English
- Experience with writing and editing large and/or complex documents to an advanced level in Microsoft Word
- Broad experience with Windows applications and Microsoft Office
- Experience with using FrameMaker, or similar, to develop and maintain documentation
- Technical Writing experience in a hardware or software development environment
- Experience with using graphic tools for producing simple drawings and diagrams
- Experience with implementing Configuration Management and Quality processes
Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application by 26 February 2019. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 12 February 2019 • 04:31