What you will be part of
Saab Barracuda LLC is a business unit operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC in Lillington, North Carolina. Saab Barracuda is the world's leading supplier of products and services within multispectral signature management and force protection technology. Saab Barracuda is at the front line of research and development within the area and the company has built a solid competence, when it comes to optimizing signature management solutions. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Barracuda LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual as ULCANS Increment I Competitive Prototype Test and Integration Engineer for the overall coordination of our test support teams through multiple geographically dispersed government test sites. You be on a temporary full-time assignment supporting the government test of our six ULCANS Increment I variants. This position is estimated to be required for up to 9 months in support of the Saab Barracuda LLC Competitive Prototype Phase (CPP) participation.
• Coordination and management of personnel, labor, engineering, services, materials, supplies and facilities necessary to test the ULCANS.
• Performing test of the ULCANS in each domain: Visual, SWIR, MWIR, LWIR.
• Proficiency in the operation of sensors and imagers required for testing in each domain.
• Proficient in the optimum deployment for each net in each operational environment (woodland, desert, urban, winter).
• Must have written and executed ULCANS test plans.
Your experiences and skills
• BA/BS or Master’s degree in an engineering discipline or related discipline.
• 15+ years’ experience in an engineering discipline or related discipline
• Experience in testing two-sided ULCANS preferred.
• Experience in system deployment in each operational environment preferred.
• Experience in providing on-site test support of ULCANS desert and woodland systems at Government test sites in Aberdeen Proving Grounds (APG), Maryland, White Sands Missile Range (WSMR), New Mexico, Ft. Benning, GA, and Eglin AFB, FL.
• Direct experience working on Army test sites with representatives of the Office of the Product Manager for Force Sustainment Systems (PM-FSS), the Army Night Vision Laboratory (NVL), and the Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC).
• Experience in providing on-site test support of Winter ULCANS at Government Cold Weather test sites.
• U.S. Government secret security clearance
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 April 2018 • 13:16