What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Saab Sensis; Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis (ATM) provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, dining center and workout facility.
Saab Sensis (ATM) is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual as a Training Professional to develop and deliver computer-based and instructor-led training programs for complex electronic systems using ISD principles. Candidate must have excellent presentation skills and a working knowledge of air traffic control tower or ramp tower operational roles and environments or equivalent. Must be capable of acquiring a depth of knowledge for products beyond the course materials.
• Development of instructor-led operator or maintainer related courses with minimal assistance
• Effective use of appropriate training tools (e.g., PowerPoint) and computer skills
• Delivery of instructor-led factory and on-site customer training
• Develop a technical knowledge of assigned technology and products
• Develop an understanding of standard ISD processes
• Knowledge of training processes with ability to suggest improvements
• Effective use of problem solving skills and analytical thinking
• Troubleshoots and resolves issues with minimal assistance
• Periodic interaction with customers
Your skills and experience
• BS degree or higher in a communications field
• 1-3 years experience as a technical communicator
• Effective written and verbal communications
• Proficient in the use of common training development tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
• Proficient in the use of MS Office application, especially PowerPoint 2013
• Experience developing training/presentation materials
• Experience presenting to an audience of 5 or more people
• Experience using MadCap Flare a plus
As a Federal contractor for the United States, applicants, must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) in order to be considered for employment.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.