At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio. In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab is building a new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Training Professional to lead the education and skills based development of our employees. The ideal candidate has significant experience, strong leadership skills, the ability to see opportunities, and experience creating and delivering integrated strategies in Greenfield operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create a training curriculum tailored for aircraft structural and system assembly and quality, environmental health and safety, and government compliance in collaboration with our engineers and managers.
- Identify company training needs and recommend technologies and best practices to help promote the collaboration of employees in an internationally diverse company.
- Deliver computer, paper, and orally based training material in an engaging and interactive format.
- Develop and execute a training matrix and assessment system that promotes growth, productivity, and compliance.
- Establish and lead the Saab training center dedicated to skills based development.
- Create an environment of continual improvement that supports the development and growth of all of our teammates.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business, Engineering, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in a educational trainer position.
- Significant experience training in an advanced manufacturing technologies such as powered industrial equipment, automated machinery, paint and adhesives, and assembly/cutting tools.
- Understanding of the design, quality and assembly requirements of an aerospace manufacturing facility.
- Experience in developing standardized work and assessments.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective teaching methodologies and tools.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and administrative skills to deliver multiple training programs.
- Must be a team player, experience working in an international environment is preferred.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a drug screen and background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.