Saab Aircraft Leasing (SAL) completed a total of 30 new aircraft transactions in 2010, nearly double the amount recorded in 2009.
In total, SAL recorded 30 transactions, including 10 sales, 18 leases (either new or extensions), and two third-party placements. Some 23 were Saab 340 transactions, which comprises the largest share of SAL's portfolio. The Saab 340 transactions included 10 sales, two extensions and 11 new leases. Of the seven Saab 2000 transactions, SAL recorded six lease extensions as well as one new lease.
SAL completed the following transactions in 2010:
- Eznis (Mongolia) purchased one Saab 340Bplus
- Eastern (Great Britain) extended leases on four Saab 2000s
- Golden Air (Sweden) leased an additional Saab 2000
- Loganair (Great Britain) extended leases on two Saab 340Bs
- Nok Mini (Thailand) leased two Saab 340Bplus’
- OLT (Germany) extended leases on two Saab 2000s
- PenAir (USA) purchased one Saab 340A for cargo conversion
- Pinnacle (USA) agreed to lease seven Saab 340Bplus for US Airways Express operations
- Regional Express (Australia) to purchase four Saab 340Bs and one Saab 340Bplus at lease termination
- SkyBahamas (Bahamas) purchased one Saab 340A
- Two portfolio Saab 340Bs were sold to outside investor
- In addition, SAL remarketed two Saab 340As on behalf of AeroCentury to SOL (Argentina)
"A developing trend continued in 2010 showing resurgence in the turboprop market as both regional and major airlines adjusted their fleet planning," notes Michael Magnusson, President and CEO, Saab Aircraft Leasing. He underlines, "as larger legacy airlines are withdrawing from many regional markets, this void can be aptly filled by many of our operators flying the Saab 340 today. For example, Pinnacle will lease seven Saab 340Bplus aircraft for its US Airways Express operation."
Saab Aircraft Leasing manages a portfolio of about 110 Saab 340 and Saab 2000 aircraft which are leased to 15 airlines around the world. With 25 employees, its head-office is located outside of Washington, DC with regional offices in Stockholm, Sweden, Tokyo, Japan and Nairobi, Kenya.
For further information, please contact:
Michael Magnusson, President & CEO Saab Aircraft Leasing
Phone +1-703-406-7220, mobile +1-703-887-3529
Saab Press Centre, +46 734 180 018 email@example.com
www.saabgroup.com or www.saabaircraftleasing.com
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.