Saab is redefining the future of air traffic management. At World ATM Congress 2016 we will show you how Saab’s solutions increase capacity and efficiency for all parties in air traffic management.
Saab will demonstrate its broad line of ATM products and services that make the movement of passengers and goods safer, more efficient and more predictable.
At World ATM Congress 2016 Saab will host several media events and all are welcome to attend.
Tuesday 8 March
14:00 Meeting Room MR-1
LFV and Saab present Remote Tower systems for large airports and multiple modes.
Remote Tower systems can be used to control multiple airports from a single location. This ability to cover wide areas safely and efficiently is becoming more and more important to the world’s major airports, where traditional control towers can struggle to deal with airport expansion and rising traffic levels. Join Director General Olle Sundin, of Sweden’s LFV, and Saab’s Head of Traffic Management, Anders Carp, to learn about Remote Tower’s first year of operations and how the technology will find new applications in the future.
15:00 Saab Stand 305
Saab invites you to a drinks reception on our stand (305), to celebrate Remote Tower’s first year of operations.
15:45 LFV Stand 351
Sweden’s air navigation service provider LFV will refill the glasses at Stand 351 along with a live webcast and interview with an air traffic controller in the Remote Tower Centre in Sundsvall, Sweden.
Wednesday 9 March
11:00 Saab Stand 305
Aerobahn Programme Update
An update on Saab’s Aerobahn surface management system for airports, airlines and air navigation service providers. Dan London, Business Segment Lead for Collaborative Decision Making and Efficiency (CDM&E) will host a presentation about new deployments, recent product developments and a recently-implemented user case which shows how Aerobahn and Saab’s CDM&E philosophy is making a difference.
Saab ATM solutions on display at World ATM Congress 2016 include:
- Remote Tower, the modern alternative to traditional air traffic service provision
- Aerobahn, a platform enabeling airports and airlines to enhance efficiency and improve the public’s flying experience
- A-SMGCS A3000, an airport surface safety system, incorperating multilateration and surface movement radar
- Wide Area Multilateration
- i-TWR, a scalable controller working position providing users with a streamlined set of automation tools to manage traffic flow
- E-strip, electronic flight progress strip system
- SR-3, third-generation surface movement radar
- AWOS, automated weather observation system
- Training, training solutions for air traffic management
Please visit Saab on Stand 305 at World ATM Congress, at IFEMA Feria de Madrid, Spain.
For further information, please contact:
media relations manager
+46 (0)734 187119
Saab Press Centre,
+46 (0)734 180 018,
Follow us on twitter: @saab
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions within military defence and civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents around the world. Through innovative, collaborative and pragmatic thinking, Saab develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.