What you will be a part of
Avionics Systems develops and manufactures qualified systems and equipment (electronics, mechanics and software) for demanding applications in aircraft and helicopters. Many of these products are developed in collaboration with other parts of Saab or external partners. Most of our projects are carried out in an international environment and we supply products for two of the world’s largest aircraft manufacturers, Airbus and Boeing.
Product Areas Control & Actuation, Gripen, Mission Avionics and Integrated Avionics Solutions as well as Engineering are all part of the Business Unit Avionics Systems and have its operation in Järfälla and Huskvarna.
The section Video & Graphics Hardware within the Engineering department is looking for an Electronics Designer within Video & Graphics Technology with placement in Järfälla.
You will be involved in the design of circuit boards for demanding video and graphics applications.The designs typically includes FPGA:s, Processors, Graphics Processors, DDRx memories, digital and analogue video interfaces including switches and buses for command and control. You will be involved in all stages of development i.e. specification, conceptual design, detailed design, test in lab, integration, verification and documentation.
You will design robust and cost effective solutions in close cooperation with system engineers, chief engineers, team leaders, FPGA designers, SW designers, production etc.
Your skills and experience
- A Master of Science Degree within electronics or equivalent
- Experience of analogue and digital electronics design
- Some experience of PCB layout work
- Interest in video and graphics electronics
- Ability to work individually as well as in teams
- Fluent in written and spoken Swedish and English
You should preferrably have experience in:
- Design and simulation of high speed electronics
- EMC/EMI matters
- Formal requirement handling and verification
- FPGA design with VHDL
- Low level programming
- Development according to RTCA/DO-254
- Development tools from Mentor Graphics
This position includes access to classified information, therefore you are required to conduct a security screening in accordance with the Protective Security Act and be approved for security clearance by the authority.