What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions.
Saab Technology Center is further expanding it's development unit in Tampere and looking for experienced VHDL Professional.
In Saab Technology center you will be a part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit that delivers Electronic Warfare applications for air, land and naval products such as the Gripen Fighter and Globaleye Surveillance Aircraft. The Saab Technology Center contributes to the next generation distributed systems for signal detection, signal processing, and electonic counter measure support on absolute cutting edge hardware, software and as well test systems.
Here you will join extremely competent, ambitious and helpful colleagues. Our development is typically done by teams in a modern, agile fashion with distributed responsibilities and high efficiency. Our toolchain ties planning, issue tracking and source control together in a tight loop. Our cooperative working culture, the EW Spirit, is the foundation to our success and contribution to Saab.
As part of a development team, your work spans from understanding system and requirements to making an architectural design and doing the actual construction, integration and qualification testing. Our ambition is to strongly support engineers extending their knowledge and experience into systems engineering, product development and be able to develope personal competencies.
Your daily task involve:
- Implementation of real time control and configuration of analog and digital processing blocks
- Implementation of signal flow algorithms optimised for high data throughput and low resource usage
- Implementation of production tests
- Implementation of firmware for controlling tuner peripherals like analog front-ends, antenna switches and calibration units
A vital part of our working culture is continuous validation, ensuring that we not only build products correctly, but that we also build the correct products. The quicker you learn about our customers and products, the quicker you can help us in this validation.
In return Saab offers you great opportunities for technical and personal growth. Impressive people build absolutely amazing products with the latest technology on sites all over the world. It is largely up to you how you want to experience this!
Your work place will be in the Saab Technology Center in Tampere but since Saab is a global company, this role will require some travelling and be able to communicate with your collegues abroad.
Your skills and experience
- Experience with Xilinx and/ or Altera FPGAs
- Experience with Xilinx and/ or Altera tools
- Experience of making complex VHDL designs, understanding of C/C++
- Deep understanding of RF Receiver architectures and corresponding digital signal processing
Desirable Additioanl Skills
- Basic knowledge in analog and digital radio signal processing
- Mentor Graphics ModelSim
- Matlab, Java, TCL
- RF Measurement experience
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in Finnish and in English, German is a plus.
The position entails to working with classified information and requires therefore applicant to participate a background check and a security clearance made by a Finnish Security Intelligence Service.