What you will be a part of
You will be a part of a team of Development Engineers that is
• small but growing,
• part of a cross-functional team,
• culturally diverse,
• entrepreneurial, contributing ways of working,
• now starting the development of a state of the art Radar.
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is one of these key customer countries where Saab now increases its presence by starting development and production with an initial focus on this new type of radar system.
You will become part of this brand new Saab Company, which will operate in Tawazun Industrial Park, northeast of the Abu Dhabi city centre.
Each contract is either a time-limited assignment expected to last 24-36 months or setup as a local contract, depending on position and preferences. You will be living in Abu-Dhabi.
You will represent the strategic area in question, both within the company and in external relations with customers, partners and academia. You should serve as an in-house driver for the area, developing the area, leading colleaguesâ€™ contributions technically, and ensuring proper implementation in Saab products. You will be an advisor to management in activities related to the area, such as strategic planning.
As senior engineer you develop the competence within your area. This implies that you have a network of contacts, externally as well as internally.
You support other staff in their daily work and help managers plan and implement competence development in the strategic area. You will personally interface on a daily basis with for example the ADC/DAC/MCU designer, High speed PCB designer & Software Architect.
As senior engineer, with unique competence in your strategic area, you constructively question what we are doing, as well as looking ahead and finding creative solutions. You are involved in all phases of the product life cycle, from R&D to operational feedback.
You have a special responsibility for IPR issues, i.e. to follow up that we submit patent applications in the area, and that we do not make patent infringements.
In the beginning phase of the project you will be 90% allocated to design & implementation moving at a later stage into the IV & validation phase.
Your skills and experience
We are looking for a person with the ability to engage other people across the organization. You have a strategic, holistic and business minded approach; you are structured and analytic and have good communication skills. You have a performance driven mindset.
- You have proven experience of minimum 5 years in programmable logic design and knowledge of implementation on different platforms like Xilinx FPGAs
- FPGA Ethernet core implementation experience
- Decimation / Interpolation / FIR filtering implementation
- JTAG boundary scan experience
- It would be an advantage if you have the following knowledge and experience as well:
- Firmware HWIL test experience e.g. Keysight Pathwave
- Radar / EW / Direct Digital Synthesis related experience
- Support and take an active role together with the project teams regarding Design to Cost
- You are a driven person with perseverance with the ability to generate energy.
- You have the understanding and skills required to work effectively in an international environment.
- You have knowledge of a typical design environment and ways of working.
- You make it your daily endeavor to remove unknown unknowns and get the work done, rather than focusing on processes
- You see the strength in re-usable code components and roadmap development
- You have the ability to communicate a clear strategic vision and transform that into short and long term actions
- You are a driven person with perseverance to achieve long end short term goals
- You have the ability to set your own goals and independently implement necessary actions
- You have the ability to finds creative solutions and make sure they come to practical use in product solutions
- You have proven ability to transform good technical ideas into profitable business concepts