What you will be a part of
Saab Kockums provides design, construction and in-service support for advanced naval systems such as surface combatants and submarines to the Swedish Armed Forces and other customers worldwide. Our product portfolio consist of the air-independent Stirling system, mine countermeasure systems and submarine rescue systems amongst other. Saab Kockums operate in Karlskrona, Malmö, Muskö, Järfälla and Singapore.
Our colleague is moving on within the company and we are now looking to hire a Head of Security. We are looking for a driven and experienced person, passionated about security issues and with great business understanding.
The Head of Security Saab Kockums is responsible to lead, coordinate, operate and oversee security governance, risk management and compliance within the Business Area, apply and implement controls and processes necessary.
Saab Kockums have an exciting product portfolio with a high level of security protection requirements. You will be an important part of a business area in growth and change.
As Head of Security, you will be overall responsible for security and compliance at our sites in Karlskrona, Malmö, Muskö and Järfälla. You are responsible for a team of 6 persons, located in Malmö and Karlskrona. The role include motivating and developing employees and making sure that the department is equipped to support the Business Area for current and future needs.
Within your field, you and your team work as advisors and you have an important task, supporting the Business Area where there will be big focus on our export business.
You will be part of the extended management team as well as part of Security Council, headed by Saabs Chief Security Officer. You report to Business Area Kockums CFO.
As Head of Security you are the one that ensures organizational effectiveness by providing leadership and direction for the BA Security function, including performance management by developing and converting strategies and strategic objectives to functional targets and actions plans. We would like you to have experience of international work from major commercial companies. Your fundamental mission is to secure that our daily operations has a high degree of security, resilience and maturity, as well as ensure compliance with external and internal requirements. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership and direction, including performance management by developing and converting strategies and strategic objectives to functional targets and actions plans
- Provide advice and ensure compliance to national security laws and regulations e.g. export and dissemination of classified information
- Ensure implementation of efficient security risk management practices, including security controls, in day-to-day business and operations
- Lead and coordinate security activities in operations involving the BA/Business Units (BU), within the area of responsibility covering the areas of Incident & Crisis Management, Business Support, Business Continuity Management, Governance, Risk Management, Compliance, Site Security & Loss Prevention, Personnel Security & Training and Information & Communication Security
- Provide advice and support contractual management regarding security requirements and security costs etc.
- Facilitate the Annual Security Risk Management Process (risk assessment, budget, target management etc.)
- Manage the insider prevention program, drive security awareness and provide regular security trainings
- Support in Due Diligence and Background Screening of partners, employees and service providers etc.
Your skills and experience
To be able to work independently in this role, we expect you to have a number of years in the field where you have been working in security- or risk management or related functions. We also need you to have several years of hands-on team leadership and management experience with the ability to lead formal- and informal teams. Since you will represent the function both internally and externally, you need to interact well with both stakeholders and colleagues and work across cultural barriers. You need an analytical and structured way of working with a global perspective. International work experience and having worked in large global companies, is a merit. University degree or similar education level and driving license is a requirement.
Other requirements for the position is a strong working knowledge in;
- Corporate Security and Risk Management
- Business knowledge and organizational skills to oversee highly complex projects with high impact on the business
- Legal aspects, laws, regulations, standards and best practices relating to security
- Management principles, practices, and techniques, budget procedures and cost control
To be successful in the role we expect you to have excellent leadership skills and strong communication skills. Due to the nature of the job, we are looking for a stable personality, capable to perform in a stressful, international environment and manage qualified security threats. You need to be absolutely trustworthy with high standards of ethics and personal integrity (demonstrated by an unblemished career history, complete lack of criminal convictions etc.), and willing to undergo background screening and/or personality assessments to verify this.
Primarely, this position is placed at our centrally located office at “Dockan” in Malmö. Alternative workplace is Karlskrona. Business trips, mainly in Sweden but also internationally, is frequently occurring.
Ready to step up and make a difference for business, people and society? Come join us on our journey - pushing boundaries for naval dominance!
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. This position includes access to classified information, therefore you are required to conduct a security screening in accordance with the Protective Security Act and be approved for security clearance by the authority.