What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
The EW Systems business unit provides world class signal intelligence systems and self protection systems for next generation Gripen and Globaleye. We are now looking for a skilled and encouraging manager to head up our Tactical Software section.
The Tactical Software section consists of highly skilled software engineers, primarily working with cutting edge technology and applications for Electronic Warfare. Our development is done by teams in a modern, agile fashion with distributed responsibilities and high efficiency. Our toolchain ties planning, issue tracking, source control and build system together in a tight loop. We move towards a DevOps organisation and our cooperative working culture, the EW Spirit, is the foundation to our success and contribution to Saab.
You will join a great management team and report to the head of the Software Engineering department. You will be located in Järfälla with the occasional travelling.
As manager for Tactical Software, we believe you will help us to further improve our products as well as our organisation with the following responsibilities:
• Actively support our product development and our ongoing projects
• Maintain an innovative climate with reuse of technology for new applications
• Ensure that your staff has the competence and confidence to handle current and future work
• Recruit and introduce new employees
• Support personal development and the overall well-being of your staff
• Network internally and externally, to share experiences and to bring improvements into our organisation
• Drive improvements
• Further improve our global cooperation within Saab
Your skills and experience
A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or the equivalent working experience
• Leadership experience with a background in software engineering
• A solid understanding and experience of agile development and management
• Fluent in Swedish and English
• Experience from working in an international business environment
• A proactive and reliable team player with good communications skills
• Ability to set clear goals and the strategies for reaching them
• Ability to make changes happen
• Experience from machine learning and cyber security is a plus.
The position entails working with classified information and requires Swedish citizenship.
Interviews will be conducted before last date of application so don't wait, apply now!