What you will be a part of
Aeronautics, a business area of Saab, offers advanced airborne systems, related subsystems, unmanned aerial systems, aerostructures and services to defence customers and commercial aerospace industries worldwide. Aeronautics is also responsible for development, production, marketing, selling and supporting of the Gripen fighter.
Saab decided 2017 to join SUMMIT - SUstainability, sMart Maintenance och fabrisksdesIgn Testbed in order to learn more about the possibilities with a digital work approach for both design and simulation of new/modified workshops as well as the daily work in such an environment. The latter includes production management, natural next step for us. Some incitements in this direction are already in place such as monitoring of CNC machines via RS Production, but now we aim higher with a 3D digital twin and a more connected workshop that can take us to the next level and prepare for new knowledge such as for example machine learning for continuous improvement and smart maintenance.
- The students should via literature studies get the necessary knowledge about digital twins, flow simulations and future possibilities via connected workshops and machine learning
- Create a digital twin of a part of a workshop including some monitoring of machines and status of production
- Validate the digital twin
- Propose and conclude some simulations in the created model/digital twin
- Suggest improvements (if found) and future use of the actual digital twin
- Suggest continued work approach with digital twins at Saab Aeronautics
- Show us the benefit with digital twins and connected workshops
- Help prepare us for this work approach including flow simulation possibilities, quality monitoring, production monitoring and smart maintenance possibilities
Office in Linköping. Simulation software via Chalmers, Siemens or Visual Components
Your skills and experience
This thesis work will be conducted by two students at Saab Aeronautics in Linköping. The period is January to June 2019.
Senast uppdaterad: 04 oktober 2018 • 15:31