What you will be a part of
You will be a part of a team of Development Engineers that is
• small but growing,
• part of a cross-functional team,
• culturally diverse,
• entrepreneurial, contributing to ways of working,
• now starting the development of a state of the art Radar.
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is one of these key customer countries where Saab now increases its presence by starting development and production with an initial focus on this new type of radar system.
You will become part of this brand new Saab Company, which will operate in Tawazun Industrial Park, northeast of the Abu Dhabi city centre.
Each contract is either a time-limited assignment expected to last 24-36 months or setup as a local contract, depending on position and preferences. You will be living in Abu-Dhabi.
As a Senior Engineer in signal processing algorithms you have thorough background in signal processing technology and both in theory and practice. You will lead the development of new signal processing algorithms for our current and future systems within Saab Ltd.
You will represent the strategic area in question, both within the company and in external relations with customers, partners and academia. You serve as an in-house driver for the area, leading colleagues’ contributions technically, and ensuring proper implementation in Saab products. You will be an advisor to management in activities related to the area, such as strategic planning.
As Senior Engineer you develop the competence within your area. This implies that you have a network of contacts, externally as well as internally, and that you are careful to develop new and maintain old contacts. You will serve as a natural interface to your strategic area.
You will personally interface on a daily basis with the Firmware Engineer.
You take personal responsibility for your own competence development by identifying the means by which your knowledge can be developed and kept up-to-date.
As Senior Engineer, with unique competence in your strategic area, you constructively question what we are doing, as well as looking ahead and finding creative solutions. You are involved in all phases of the product life cycle, from R&D to operational feedback.
You have a special responsibility for IPR issues, i.e. to follow up that we submit patent applications in the area, and that we do not make patent infringements.
In the beginning phase of the project you will be 90% allocated to design & implementation moving at a later stage into the IV & validation phase.
Your skills and experience
We are looking for a person with the ability to engage other people across the organization. You have a strategic, holistic and business minded approach; you are structured and analytic and have good communication skills. You have a performance driven mindset.
• You have a proven experience in the area of Radar and/or EW specialized algorithms and have seen through the implementation of these on target Hardware and actual targets
• You interface with the Firmware team regarding optimal implementation to define the boundary between Firmware and Software
• You are skilled in algorithm simulation, comparison, tradeoffs and are constantly adding newly published algorithms to your tradeoff study
• You have a high competency level of Matlab (or similar)
• You have C knowledge for low latency Software processing
It would be an advantage if you also have knowledge in the following:
o You are skilled in high speed UDP and TCP/IP Networking design
o You have Unix/Linux Real time OS usage experience
o You have Java or scripting knowledge for interfacing with external systems
o Parallel processing architecture design and implementation e.g. multicore, manycore, GPU, CPU for Low latency /Real-time design
o Revision handling e.g. Git, Clearcase, CVS
• Support and take an active role together with the project teams regarding Design to Cost
• You have knowledge of a typical design environment and ways of working
• You make it your daily endeavour to remove unknown unknowns and get the work done, rather than focusing on processes
• You see the strength in re-usable code components and roadmap development
• You have the ability to communicate a clear strategic vision and transform that into short and long term actions
• You are a driven person with perseverance to achieve long and short term goals
• You have the ability to set your own goals and independently implement necessary actions
• You have the ability to find creative solutions and ensure they come to practical use in product solutions
• You have proven ability to transform good technical ideas into profitable business concepts