What you will be a part of
Do you share our passion and commitment to create a safe and sustainable future?
Avionics Systems develops and manufactures qualified electronics, mechanics and software for demanding applications in aircraft and helicopters. Many of these products are developed in collaboration with other parts of Saab or external partners. Most of our projects are carried out in an international environment and we supply products for two of the world’s largest aircraft manufacturers, Airbus and Boeing.
Product area Integrated Avionics develops, produces, maintains and supports the products over the complete life cycle. Our customer offer is improved Situational Awareness through our system concept AVAS (Advanced Vision & Awareness System) and our products:
- Integrated Modular Avionic Platforms
- Enhanced & Synthetic Vision Systems for all weather operations
- Safety and Awareness Systems
- Head Up Display Systems
- Communication Management Systems
Customers include international aircraft manufacturers and their tier 1 suppliers and partners.
Our growth ambitions in system technologies enhances the importance of skilled software engineers who will actively participate to enable the creation of a robust and flexible software architecture and supporting applications. To make that sucessfull a vital aspect is also to understand market drivers, its legislations and how these are adapted into great products and by that supporting our customer concept offer in Advanced Vision and Awareness Systems.
You will be an important and vital part of the Functions and System unit containing 20 skilled engineers of several diverse competencies located in Huskvarna, Linköping and Järfälla.
Passion, accountability and high work moral to support the business is highly valued for us why your personality, how we can find your unique set of gifts, attributes and expectations into the team is important, hence your personal development will be supported and promoted to acquire skillset needed in the position.
As a Software Application Engineer, you role will be to proactively strive to increase our Aviation Industry domain knowledge regarding our software applications and related tools, processes and methods. You are seeking for modularity and has interest in generic development as well as conceptual.
You are utilizing your full potential and knowledge regarding software and how it can be turned into customer solutions. You motivates by system thinking, inspired to turn your ideas in the field of applications into customer benefits. Constantly looking ahead, to push boundaries for what is considered technically possible in the field of Advanced Vision and Awareness Systems. As a true team player you create, foster and spread vital knowledge within and outside the unit.
Your work environment consist of, operating systems used in development, mainly Windows 7 and windows 10 with minor utilization of virtual linux machines. The target hardware uses ERIS RTOS or vxworks in different versions. The programming language is mainly c four our final products along with SW version tools Serena Dimensions, git(gitlab), svn. Build environment, there are different environments for our builds. Directly from the command window, mainly Cygwin as well as eclipse. Test frameworks, cantata is used in some projects but the team is in decision phase which test framework that will be used for further development. The needs is a test framework that is suitable for graphics tests. For testing, prototypes availability is inhouse developed hardware used for lab utilization and reference design boards from freescale/NXP. The debugging options are in HW, Lauterbach JTAG debugging.
Your skills and experience
- Design of instruments
- SW Integration, data interfaces
- Plugin development (OpenGL)
- Short term prototyping for specific demonstrations.
- Deployment of new, and maintenance of existing,
- IData symbology to simulators
- OpenGL-related application development
- Synthetic vision
- Image blending (CVS)
- Mixed DAL graphics
- Integration with IData symbology
- SW Integration / T&V
- SW integration specific competences
- Identification of required interfaces between SW components
- Design and implement test benches based on requirements
- Create integration / T&V framework supporting multiple customer projects in parallell.
- Database interfaces
- Mapping of flight data (A429, 1553, Ethernet, AFDX)
- XML configurations for DIPS
- Bus traffic mapped to requirements
- Flight simulator interface (Primary flight data, Nav data, etc.)
- Terrain, obstacle, navigation database interfaces.
- Architectural design and work with split of requirements regards to its software system architecture. (Requirement and design)