What you will be a part of
Business Unit Training & Simulation develops and manufactures training systems mainly for military users. Our offer is wide ranging and includes the provision of world leading laser simulators for live training, force on target applications, virtual simulation capabilities and training services. Training & Simulation operates globally with 450 employees in twelve different countries.
We are now looking to recruit software engineers with a genuine interest in hardware and electronics to our department for simulator systems.
A good competency match between role demand and applicant is key, however we believe that the best starting point is to ensure a strong commitment to our values. As an applicant, you don’t only need to know and understand our values, you need to share them.
At Saab, HOW we do things is equally important to WHAT we do. In addition, the work environment is important to us, and we focus on providing a safe and pleasant work environment for all our employees.
Our focus on Drive, Expertise and Trust is evident in everything we do, from recruitment and training, to leadership and individual value-driven goals for all employees
The role as software developer
You will be part of a multi-discipline team, where your colleagues have backgrounds within e.g. software, electronics, radio, mechanics, test and application. The team is responsible for from start to finish deliveries.
As a developer, you will primarily take part in different types of customer- and development projects. Together with experiences developers, you will focus on built-in systems, e.g. to implement C++ or C-code functions, systemization, pre-studies and visiting client sites. Our developers typically work in one or more of the following areas:
- Simulator functions – the functions of the simulator itself.
- Vulnerability evaluations – evaluation of incoming simulations and calculations of the simulated effect.
- Module software – software for different modules such as laser senders/receivers, short-range communications, etc
- Visual interfaces for different simulations.
The projects vary in length, from around 4 months to a year. There is plenty of scope for own initiatives and creativity. Apart for taking part in developing our vehicle system, we would like you to contribute to the continuous improvement of our ways of working within Saab Training & Simulation.
Your skills and experience
Applicants for this role will need to demonstrate the following:
- An engineering master degree with focus on computing, electronics, physics or similar.
- Three to seven years’ experience of C/C++ together with an interest to keep developing within this area.
- Fluent English in both spoken and written language. Swedish is a merit.
- Work experience from similar industrial areas.
- Knowledge and experience of radio traffic, such as WiFI, Bluetooth and other short range communication is a merit.
- Knowledge and experience of real-time operating systems.
For us, drive is about approach, attitude, courage and a positive outlook. Applicants for this role will need to demonstrate the following:
- We are looking for a person with a pro-active approach and someone who takes on full responsibility for their allocated tasks.
- Someone who has a strong technical interest and is constantly striving to learn more.
We work hard to foster and encourage a high level of trust within our organization and all our employees have common goals focusing on feedback and teamwork.
- You need to be open, loyal and honest, trust your coworkers and honour agreements, decisions and processes.
- This role requires you to be structured in your work and to be a strong team player.
Candidates for this position are required to undergo a security clearance process.
This is full-time position based in Huskvarna, Sweden.