What you will be a part of
Air Traffic Management (ATM) is a unit within Saab that develops world-class Air Traffic Control (ATC) products. These systems streamline air traffic management for small private airports all the way to global hubs. ATM continues to be a world leader in air traffic control by constantly developing innovative products, such as the I-ATS (Integrated ATC Suite) solution which digitally upgrades and consolidates air traffic control towers or the Remote Tower which allows airports to be controlled off-site. Our solutions manage thousands of incoming and outgoing flights all over the world therefore they demand safety and accessibility to be the highest priority.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. We are now looking for an experienced system engineer to join us in Gothenburg, Sweden.
You will be a member of the engineering team responsible for the I-ATS product with a concentration in the technical sub-system, E-STRIP, which is a digital system responsible for tracking flights. Depending on your experience, you will act as a technical lead involved in the entire project life cycle, from initiation to commissioning, collaborating with different stakeholders such as project managers, developers, suppliers, and end-users. The role also provides the opportunity to travel approximately 40 days a year for on-site assignments.
Tasks will include:
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of our systems
- Provide technical leadership
- Analyze customer and market inputs
- Define project specific system requirements
- Integrate and verify project specific system requirements
- System configuration
- Identify, sequence, and prioritize tasks in consultation with the Team/Project Lead.
- Working team-based, supporting each other within the i-ATS/e-STRIP team
- Support integration and testing of systems on site
Your skills and experience
You hold at least a Bachelor degree in engineering, computer science, or another technical field. Also, you have a minimum of five years of relevant experience.
To be successful in this role, you must be a highly self-motivated person with excellent communication skills and you need to efficiently collaborate with team members as well as other stakeholders. You must also be structured and have a confident mindset enabling you to adapt to circumstances.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and customer-service orientation
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and structured
- Experience with general product development and product lifecycle
- Experience with complex software systems
- Experience with Linux or UNIX operating systems
- Experience with project tracking tools such as JIRA
- Experience with XML
- Aviation background/ interest
- Experience in working within the AGILE software development methodology
Links to read more about our Products:
The position entails working with classified information. Therefore, you are required to participate in and pass a security test conducted by authority.